Talk:Members of the Mindcrack community
Pause apparently prematurely released the confirmation video. The episode is titled "Minecraft Mindcrack - Episode 175 - Another Mystery Solved" and is currently private. There is a Reddit post for it but the link is removed. If you want to be really spoiled, here's another Reddit post that was deleted.--Admin 21:11, 27 October 2012 (CEST)
- I assumed it was something like that, but it seems appropriate to wait to add him to the Wiki until there is an official announcement, so that no one who goes to the page gets a spoiler they don't want. Atharsea 21:25, 27 October 2012 (CEST)
Coestar doesn't appear in the player data folder in any of the MindCrack map downloads. He could be mistaken about the server. I suggest removing him from the list.--Admin 08:09, 6 August 2013 (CEST)
Adlingtont Twitch Account
It seems like Adlingtont has a Twitch Account now.
Reddit Thread confirming:
Adlingtont's Twitch Account:
- Thank's for noticing it was missing. I checked to make sure his page had it when he mentioned it, but not the main page. --Atharsea (talk) 15:57, 5 September 2013 (CEST)
UPDATE: 25 Sep 2013. I'm not sure what is meant by skin database but mcskinsearch.com can find a skin for this username. This is most likely only going to be answered with Guude's assistance. http://mcskinsearch.com/skin/it3fergie Mgt98 (talk) 12:28, 25 September 2013 (CEST)
- Huh. I never noticed this little blip here, shall I send Guude a PM on Reddit or something? Just asking who this was and his relation to MindCrack? (Hopefully he'd be willing to answer for the purpose of the wiki... maybe...) --Mega (talk) 12:46, 25 September 2013 (CEST)
- The only time he's really acknowledged it was recently: when we were accused of being a phishing site. (http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1mtlp0/mindcrack_wiki_a_phishing_site/) I sent the message yesterday saying "Greetings. As the representative of the Unofficial Fan-Run MindCrack (and HermitCraft to a limited extent) Wiki (run by fans) it is my duty to hunt down any and all information on early MindCrack. After delving into August 30, 2011 save of the MindCrack Season 2 server, I have discovered someone by the name of 'it3fergie.' Could you provide any information on this person? How did he get on, etc? Thanks in advance." but he hasn't responded as of yet. --Mega (talk) 12:47, 26 September 2013 (CEST)
When I first used mcskinsearch I didn't realize it can't search for those who haven't changed their skins. it3fergie used to have the default skin. I couldn't find any relations between that person and Guude/MindCrack so I left it commented out. It's interesting to see that it3fergie is still playing Minecraft.--Admin 22:22, 26 September 2013 (CEST)
The only reason I added a note for JL was because listing him here made it seem as though he was whitelisted as an active member like the other people in this list. Mgt98 (talk) 04:46, 26 September 2013 (CEST)
- Well would it be fair to say that LowlanderND was ever really an "active" member? I mean, he was on the Season 2 map for such a short time that he didn't even appear in anyone else's videos. =/ --Mega (talk) 12:47, 26 September 2013 (CEST)
- The criteria to be on the list is to simply show up in the
playersfolder and does not factor in time spent on the server. That kind of information should be on the person's own page.--Admin 22:22, 26 September 2013 (CEST)
- The criteria to be on the list is to simply show up in the
Why is the Mindcrack Server a white-listed only?
What I seem to get but not understand fully is the fact that only a select number of people can actually play. This would be a dream of almost all children or adults in our generation. Even though I completely understand the reason that you don`t want thousands of requests a day, I believe that there should be a fan server. I will personally buy a server and send you the IP address, because my internet connection is simply too horrible.
-Goodnight and have a wonderful day-
-Dylan Cowan, 12 Ft.Worth TX.-
- This website is not officially endorsed by Guude. Whatever queries you have regarding the server and its management, ask it in Reddit. However there's no guarantee that you would get a reply from him. In my opinion, a fan server under the MindCrack name is a good idea as long as it's managed effectively. Also, if you've been with MindCrack as much as me, there is nothing really unique about the server that is worth dreaming about getting on.--Admin 05:04, 20 October 2013 (CEST)
As MegaShyGuy brought up when editing the MineCon page we should decide how fringe members/those on multiple servers should be listed for collaborations and get togethers like Minecon. This question particularly affects how and if individuals like Dinnerbone, Mar and Notch appear, as they are all considered guests on the MindCrack Server. Both Marc and Dinnerbone are whitelisted on both HermitCraft and MindCrack.
Personally I think I'd like to see only those described as active members listed for MindCrack, and everyone else listed either as a member of HermitCraft, Former MindCrack Fan Server or as Mojang/Guests/Notable participants as is appropriate for the page (for example I think participants that have a page in the Category:People should be listed on pages like MineCon). If individuals are considered to have dual membership the more active server should take priority. What is everyone else's thoughts on the subject? --Atharsea (talk) 07:19, 30 October 2013 (CET)
- For lists like attendees of MineCon, I would think "Notable Others/Participants" would be a suitable way to categorise those people not really on a server. This would include Notch, marc, JustVan, Teras, OldMan, JL or anyone else that has their own page on the wiki.
- Despite other people's definitions, I would consider monkeyfarm a MindCrack member. However, he's not on the subreddit side bar and obviously isn't thought of as a member by Guude, so I would think it would be appropriate to list him under HermitCraft, considering he's more active there anyway.
- As for marc, who has multiple Minecraft usernames (and uses them for different reasons I think), consistently referring to him as marc would be the easiest way around that. Mgt98 (talk) 08:08, 30 October 2013 (CET)
- So what should be the standard for guests/notable players in lists: avatar or no avatar? Both guests (Dinnerbone, Notch, JL, etc.), who have skins, and those in the people category (JustVan, Captain Sparklez, etc.), who don't have skins fit under the guest/notable player header. Do we display them as bulleted lists, or do we add avatars for those in the people category too, and display them in avatar lists on pages like MineCon? --Atharsea (talk) 05:54, 2 November 2013 (CET)
- Those not part of any of the servers shouldn't have their avatars added. You can keep them as bulleted lists.--Admin 05:36, 2 November 2013 (CET)
Linking Minecraft Forum accounts
I prefer to not have links to the members' Minecraft Forum accounts on this site. One must log into the website in order to view the link, which is something I dislike and shouldn't be forced upon those who visit the link.--Admin 16:45, 28 November 2013 (CET)
- Sure. I only added them where I could because I saw the icon for the forums and figured it would be appropriate to link their account. Mgt98 (talk) 00:36, 29 November 2013 (CET)
can someone add to the table the data of joining the mindcrack of each member to see in the relative perspective.
why is there timeshot server map at mindcrack.altervista.org ? how is it related to the mindcrack? hermitcraft kinda makes sence because generikb
- I'm interested in the group and I created something for them but this is the only place I have that can host something as large as the map. It has no relations to MindCrack or HermitCraft.--Admin (talk) 03:21, 8 November 2014 (CET)
BdoubleO100, Etho, generikb, paulsoaresjr, and thejims are official listed as VIP guests, meaning they still have full server membership and will still frequently participate in events. The thing is, under the section they are listed under, it implies they are no longer active or removed from the whitelist, plus stating that they are no longer considered significant members.
I would suggest adding a new section for VIP guests, either as a level 2 heading or a subsection of the former members. I would even suggest to split the table of members into individual subsections to allow a separate description for each type of "Former members" --KnightMiner t/c 01:32, 7 April 2015 (CEST)