Talk:Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore
when is season 8 .they said it would be 1.3 but its not been and uhc for about 9 days.
- They said it would be after 1.3 was released, not right after the server was updated. As of "Mindcrack Podcast - Episode 7 - Guest Kurtjmac" , which aired this past Monday, August 6th, the format and participants of the 8th season of UHC had not been decided. After they decide those details a time will need to be scheduled when all the players are available, one or more recording sessions may need to take place, and the resulting footage will need to be edited. There is a good chance that the season will be announced before the first episode airs. Atharsea 08:03, 10 August 2012 (CEST)
Does anyone think that we should have different avatars for the different skins worn during UHC? I've already tried it out with Pyro in Season 12. (he used his Spyro skin) --Mega (talk) 04:18, 2 August 2013 (CEST)
In changing skin names and adding the avatars for Mega I also started converting skin galleries to a query format, which makes it much easier to add skins to pages. Because both members pages and galleries share the same captions I think we should standardize the way names are used in skin captions, either names precede all skin captions (to identify the skins on other pages), or don't have names before the caption and create a template that adds the Page is parameter to identify the skins on other pages.
The activity is parameter allows the skins to be sorted by UHC so should this page display skins:
- In a single skin section (current)
- In the UHC season(s) they were worn
- In both locations
- In the section when viewed individually, but excluded from the sections when viewed on the main page (via the noinclude function)
- I think option 4 would work the best, without overusing the skins on the main page. --Mega (talk) 09:08, 11 August 2013 (CEST)
My philosophy on the time stamps with death videos is that they should show the events immediately leading to a death. For natural deaths it may only be 30 seconds or so, but for PVP deaths I figured the time stamp should start when the action starts, even if it is several minutes before the death occurs. PVP deaths tend to be one of the more exciting elements of UHC to see, from the perspectives of both the killer and the victim. If I'm going to rematch just a portion of a video I want to do it from "______ is here!!!" "I see _____!!" or when a viewer might be able to see someone creeping up before a player has noticed. If the timestamps are very close to a PVP death you just get to see the actual kill, and have to backtrack if you want to see the whole story. Perhaps, if the consensus is we should have the video timestamped to the exact moment of death, we could have both:
- Victim/Attacker Fight Victim/Attacker Death/kill
Time Stamps We don't have a way to be sure death times are always accurate (due to laggy servers), we could try to time it from the point someone shows the server episode marker to the death, or (particularly on a laggy server) until the person's death screen appears, or perhaps some other way? Lets try to establish a preferred way of establishing death times so we have a protocol to follow/some way to cross check deaths times.
- I prefer using the layout that I used before, using the server mark to mark the time and group deaths under that. For the video links, it would be good if they are consistent with the ones first added by 199.71.4.x, which is what you also did. The death scenes don't have to be overly descriptive.--Admin 18:47, 20 December 2013 (CET)
- Giving background to deaths/kill when timestamping videos is a good idea. It shows the emotions of the player as if you were watching the episode from start to finish and also shows how they got the kill/how they died. When I was fixing/changing death tables from older seasons, I made sure to show events leading to their death. The only perspective that doesn't really show much background is Pause and Anderz death from S13, mainly because after Pause noticed PSJ, the team walked around smelting and mining before they moved in for the kill.
- As for timestamping deaths, it's not going to get any more accurate than what it already is. I find the time in the video where the server mark came up then use the time the death screen came up and work it out from there. Season 9 to 12 seems to have been calculated by the same person and they incorrect by anywhere from 40 seconds to 2 minutes. Season 12 deaths after the server restart may be near impossible to calculate. Mgt98 (talk) 01:52, 21 December 2013 (CET)
Nebris' Season 7 death
You probably know that soon after killing Baj in Season 7, Nebris was killed by a wolf. The page says that the owner is unknown, so I decided to figure out whose wolf it was and who should be credited with the kill. After watching several videos, I am adamant that the kill is Baj's. The best way to notice this is to watch Nebris' video when he is fighting Baj. You will notice two dogs teleport to Baj and if you watch one of the dogs, you will see it run to Nebris and kill him. What do you guys think? 22.214.171.124 12:32, 18 September 2015 (CEST)
UHC page rewrite:
I am currently rewriting this UHC wiki, as I have been intending to since UHC 21. As I have little experience in altervista coding, I will be messing around with this page for a few days. Please do not edit this while I do this, and do not get offended. I get that someone has spent a long time in writing this page, so please have empathy for me as well. I also intend to update it for UHC 25 when the season ends. If you have any suggestions on how to enit this, please say. I would be delighted to know. Thank you. User:1719
- Checking all links still exist/work/are correct, same with images, linking the statistics with the reddit page, verifying the trivia, creating a notes section on each death, so the in-game death can be explained in one column (e.g Kurtmac hit the ground too hard) but can be explained in the notes column (while wriding a boat at high velocity, he hit a cliff when one of his dogs teleported to him, and then unexplainably died.)
- Adding each season directly below the previous one makes the page unnecessarily long and laggy - this is how the page was before I added the table of seasons. Additionally, I couldn't get the entire page to load, perhaps due to some kind of character limit that was reached as a result of not transcluding the subpages. I've rolled back the changes until a more efficient solution can be found. -mgt98 (talk) 16:39, 4 August 2016 (CEST)
- Right. Thank you for telling me. I will make the changes as separate seasons individually, then. Is there anything else I should know? 18:20 7/8/16