Feed the Beast
Feed the Beast, abbreviated as FTB, is a collection of Minecraft modifications (mods). The MindCrack members play on Guude's private FTB server. All members are welcome to play on the server, but some have chosen not to. Feed the Beast is a modpack similar to tekkit, but compiled with permissions of the mod developers and simple installation from its own launcher.
MindCrack FTB started while Feed The Beast was in beta. This map lasted a short period of time.
When FTB came out of beta the Mindcrack FTB server was reset. Since the update the members played on the "MindCrack" version of the pack, which includes additional mods not found in the regular FTB pack. After the map was reset, Doc's friend monkeyfarm joined the members on the MindCrack FTB server as a guest.
|Buildcraft 3||Adds pipes, engines and automations|
|Railcraft||Added features for Minecarts and rails|
|Forestry||Adds bees, automated farms, ores, backpacks and more. Works best when used with buildcraft|
|Extra Bees (Forestry addon)||Adds more bee species, bee products and machines that manipulate bees.|
|Steve's Carts||Add new modules and upgrade to carts which allows them to mine, place torch, bridge, farm, fight mobs, place rails, breed animals and more|
|Portal Gun||Adds portal guns and more|
|Ender Storage||Adds 4096 different shared ender chests.|
|Redpower||Adds custom redstone wires, microblocks, lamps, project table, tools, bags, machines, computers, power, frames, easy automation and more|
|Factorization||Adds many useful machines and things. Notably for ore processing, crafting and transferring items.|
|NEI||Provides a list of items and the recipes used to craft them|
|ChickenChunks||Adds chunkloader that is very not buggy, works after server reset, custom range and works with redpower 2 frames.|
|ExtraBiomesXL||Adds additional biomes, plants and terrain blocks|
|IndustrialCraft2||Changes vanilla blocks, adds batteries, reactors, ores, rubber trees, cables, machines, tools and more|
|Advanced machines (IndustrialCraft addon)||Adds faster but more expensive machines|
|Compact Solars (IndustrialCraft addon)||Adds compact version of solar panels|
|Gravitation Suite (IndustrialCraft addon)||Adds advanced version of some items, most importantly the GraviChestPlate which enables flight|
|GregTech (IndustrialCraft addon)||Changes IndustrialCraft recipes and machines to make it harder. Adds end-game machines and items|
|Nuclear Control (IndustrialCraft addon)||Adds devices that make monitoring and controlling nuclear reactor possible|
|Modular Force Field System||Adds forcefield with configurable settings to camouflage forcefield, customize shape, kill players or mob, take players item and more|
|Thaumcraft 3||Adds an aura/flux system. Adds items and blocks that does a wide range of things|
|Thermal Expansion||Adds machines with configurable input and output for ore processing, storing energy and making many different things. Works well with buildcraft.|
|ComputerCraft||Adds the ability to make and program computers and turtles|
|MiscPeripherals (ComputerCraft addon)||Give turtles and computers many useful miscellaneous tweaks and upgrades. Works best when used with various other mods.|
|Wireless Redstone(WR-CBE)||Adds the ability to send redstone signal via wireless frequency.|
|Mystcraft||Allows players to travel to different Ages (worlds like the Nether, End and Overworld)|
|Twilight Forest||Adds a new dimension with new bosses and biomes.|
|Rei's Minimap||Adds a minimap|
|Iron Chests||Adds a range of new chests|
Crack the Beast FTB
- See also: CrackPack
In February 2014, a new FTB server started, using a mod pack developed by W92Baj with the help of the Feed The Beast team. The idea of the server is that it is like a faction server where players are allowed to raid bases and fight against each other. Similar to a faction server, there are safe zones where fighting is off limits. Biffa2001 joined the server as a guest, to collaborate with Baj. OldManWillakers was going to join the server as a guest, to collaborate with PauseUnpause, but later stated he wasn't interested in playing. monkeyfarm will not be playing on this map. On 19 April 2014, it was announced that the mod pack will no longer use FTB and will use the ATlauncher instead. The mod pack has been renamed to CrackPack. The season ended on 16 May 2014, with a fight for Etho's castle.
Nebris gave a detailed summary of the basic rules of the server:
- No PvP or theft in view of spawn
- Every 1st and 15th of the month, a random biome will be chosen to be a safe biome. No PvP or theft in those biomes.
- Only storage and long term projects at spawn
- No PvP for first week. First safe biome is jungle.
- Avoid lag. Keep things at a low scale.
- Understand that you can and will be robbed, killed, and have your bases destroyed. Be an adult when you lose.
After Nebris saw Baj's and Biffa's base through a chunk error and raided the place, a new rule was added: When a base is seen because of a chunk error, the player has to leave a sign at the base to give the owner some time to prepare for an attack or move his base. Additional rules were made due to the lack of interactions among server members and to encourage PvP:
- The End is considered a safe biome
- Everyone is handed a beacon. The beacon must be defended and must be always turned on where the player's base is located. If the defense of the base fails, the beacon must be taken along with the player.
- Raids can only happen when the victim is online.
- A player receives a point for each successful attack or successful defense. Once someone dies, the battle ends. A scoreboard is planned to list everyone's score.
- Pranks are allowed in safe zones. Just follow the don't-be-a-jerk rule.
This is a list of all major attacks on victims or their bases on the server.
|Date||Attacker(s)||Victim(s) or base(s)||Video|
|18 Feb 2014||BlameTC||Etho's Tinkers' Construct base||"Minecraft Mindcrack Feed The Beast Ep 1: War starts with a bang"|
|19 Feb 2014|| BdoubleO100
|Nebris' primary base|| "FTB Death Stream w/ The B-Team!"|
"Bravo-Team (B-Team) Feed The Beast"
|21 Feb 2014||Nebris||Etho's Thaumcraft base||"Mindcrack FTB Season 3 Episode 8 - Base Raiding"|
|21 Feb 2014||Nebris||Baj's and Biffa's base||"Mindcrack FTB Season 3 Episode 8 - Base Raiding"|
TheMogMiner, also known by his personal name as Ryan Holtz, is a game developer at Mojang since November 2013 currently working on the rendering engine of Minecraft. On the evening of 18 December 2013, TheMogMiner donated $500 to Guude then joined a MindCrack FTB server run by redditor Tsugaga, confusing the unaffiliated server with the MindCrack Server, becoming frustrated when he didn't receive appropriate server ranks. TheMogMiner vented his emotions on Twitter, expressing his annoyance with the MindCrack community.
- "The Mindcrack people are a bunch of arrogant twats. Serves me right for daring to join a Mindcrack server, nothing but abuse. Screw you all."
- "One would think donating five hundred bucks would result in a token amount of respect, but I guess not. Wish I could get a refund. @generikb"
- "Apparently asking HTF one plays on a Mindcrack server is a transgression worthy of trolling and non-serious answers."
- "Sorry but I'm not related to Dionne Fricking Warwick, and I don't just mystically know how your stupid modded server works. Screw me, right?"
Tsugaga would however later post the server's chat logs showing TheMogMiner using derogatory language and attempting to use his Mojang developer status to demand perks. Guude clarified on Twitter that the situation was a misunderstanding and that he had refunded TheMogMiner's donation. The following morning TheMogMiner publicly apologized, stating "[he] was a complete moron and richly deserve[s] to be shamed for [his behaviour]..."
Several MindCrack members use a different skin for their Feed the Beast LP's
To apply custom skins in FTB, you may use /cofh skin set [url]. You may also set a cape with /cofh cape set [url]. This works on any FTB pack with Thermal Expansion installed (CoFH core, to be exact).
- (6 February 2014). "Mindcrack FTB - S2E1 - Feed the Beast is BACK!". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z37_-Hi4kNw>.
- (8 February 2014). "MindCrack FTB #1 - Tentacles, Taint & Treachery". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFfQfygw2Hw>.
- Rurikar (10 February 2014). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1xikvo/what_if/cfbsgva>.
- Rurikar (10 March 2014). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/20136a/was_omw_messing_with_us_when_he_said_hed_be_on/cfyui0b>.
- W92Baj (19 April 2014). "Important Crack the Beast modpack news". Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/23g8xq/important_crack_the_beast_modpack_news/>.
- (16 May 2014). "Minecraft MindCrack FTB S2 - Episode 30: Castle Battle Final Showdown!". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk2I707SsUo>.
- (7 February 2014). "Mindcrack FTB Season 3 Episode 1". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOpjxIm8wbg>.
- (26 February 2014). "Seek the Beast Ep. 4 - "Battlesign and Man Pants"". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwyPtMA82ZA>.
- (21 February 2014). "Mindcrack FTB Season 3 Episode 8 - Base Raiding". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xODUKZvpqaQ&t=289s>.
- (26 February 2014). "MindCrack FTB #5 - Cheaty Raided & "Raiding"!". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6O9jht6J54>.
- nebris88 (30 March 2014). "Mindcrack FTB Season 3 Episode 15 - The Promised Land". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWvaAUIi3XQ>.
- Tsugaga (18 December 2013). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1t73fc/what_happened_to_themogminer_why_is_he_disgruntled/ce51ip4?context=1>.
- Tsugaga (19 December 2013). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1t73fc/what_happened_to_themogminer_why_is_he_disgruntled/ce57tz8>.
- TheMogMiner (18 December 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/TheMogMiner/status/413420187379961856>.
- TheMogMiner (18 December 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/TheMogMiner/status/413421105169580032>.
- TheMogMiner (18 December 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/TheMogMiner/status/413431161478991873>.
- TheMogMiner (18 December 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/TheMogMiner/status/413431660521484288>.
- GuudeLP (18 December 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/GuudeLP/status/413442027649380355>.
- GuudeLP (18 December 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/GuudeLP/status/413442302472753152>.
- TheMogMiner (19 December 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/TheMogMiner/status/413597413161459712>.