|Alternative names||Etho's Lab, Etho Slab, Treetho, Beetho, Mr. Slab|
Etho is a Canadian Let's Play commentator, a member of HermitCraft and a former member of Mindcrack. Etho joined the Mindcrack Server in November 2011, at the same time as Docm77, after befriending Guude through the second Race for Wool. On 16 October 2014, Etho stated on r/mindcrack that due to his uncertainty of the Mindcrack Server's future, he would not be playing on the server unless a drastic change occurs. Etho joined the HermitCraft Server in March 2015. On 3 April 2015, it was announced that Etho would be parting ways with Mindcrack. Etho explained his decision to leave was influenced by hesitation to sign the trademark agreement and be involved in the expanding business side of the Mindcrack name.
Etho has been generally reticent regarding personal details about his life outside of YouTube. A popular inquiry regards his former profession. Etho noted that viewers had regularly claimed him to be a teacher, an IT professional or even a member of NASA, but revealed that he worked in horticulture as part of a family–owned greenhouse business. The comments of this video were later disabled due to a certain user that traced this business and released images of Etho and his location. Etho does not have any post-secondary education, graduating from high school with 35 of his credits coming from work experience. In June 2012, Etho began producing YouTube content full time, having left the greenhouse business to do so.
One of Etho's major hobbies prior to his activities on YouTube involved programming. He has been programming since age 9. A major goal of his was to create an emulator that would provide a user-friendly GUI that would display information about selected games in a similar manner to Xbox Live Marketplace. The emulator would have been applicable to older console games. Etho authored a separate program that collected box art, manuals, reviews, guides, music, and other aspects of each game; the emulator then allowed users to browse the compiled database for a desired game. He had some concerns about the program, including copyright legality and the amount of effort required to produce a final product. Among other things, Etho designed an experimental 2.5D engine to tinker with simulated three-dimensional perspective in video games. He was inspired to do so after playing a game with a poorly designed 2.5D engine. YouTube has since replaced his programming activities.
Despite not making an official public appearance, Etho has revealed some details about his appearance on occasion. Etho is 6'2", sometimes wears glasses, and has described his hairstyle as similar to of one of the possible Cube World characters. Etho says he is thin due to his high metabolism.
|Join date||28 Nov 2015|
Etho has a popular Minecraft survival single-player series titled "Etho Plays Minecraft." The series, originally called "Let's Play Minecraft", continues to be produced. He is noted for his skill in redstone and the complicated contraptions that prove them. He is notable for creating practical (or extremely complicated) Redstone contraptions, such as his mob sorting system which can separate creepers, zombies, and skeletons with fairly great accuracy and Wilson, his Tamagotchi-like "pet", fully redstone controlled.
- Etho's builds on the server
- Etho's involvements in the prank wars
- Etho's videos on the server
- Etho's videos on the FTB server
On the Season 3 server, many components of Etho's base were underground. His mob system was the most prominent structure on the surface. The nearby island has his free-range Cow farm and Sugar Cane farm. Underneath the mob system is his Mancave, which was smoothed out by Zisteau in a prank. In the cave, Etho had the largest Slime farm in the server. In the Nether, Etho had built a Dual Blaze Farm with a prominent structure surrounding it, simulating a hanging platform. Water source blocks were used as decoration within the structure. Outside the structure, there were five water source blocks spread throughout the ceiling of the Nether. Etho is part of Team Canada, an alliance formed by PauseUnpause to prank others as a group. He collaborated with Docm77 to create the server's first Wither Skeleton spawning pad. Etho went on to create his new base and storage room underground in a jungle some what near Zisteau's place. He planned the new base to be underground in a lush jungle with a hanging storage room with a beacon and mob tower farms, although he didn't finish before the map was reset.
Etho's first endeavors on the modded Feed the Beast server was Etho Corp, a company in which he serves as founder and chief executive officer. Under the banner of Etho Corp, Etho built his base on the server, which includes floating islands of various purposes (tree farming and storage, among others). The Honeycomb Labs, the basis for much of his bee research on the server, was situated nearby the main components of his base. After the server reset, Etho initially decided to power his operations entirely on biomass but later deviated from this plan, showing particular interest in the Railcraft mod.
Etho's main base of operations on the Season 4 server is EthoCorp Laboratories, a large modern building within spawn which also served as a potion shop. Early in the season, Etho made the Horse Timer to accurately measure how fast a horse is, built the Death Games, a community pvp game, and collaborated with BdoubleO100 to build the nether hub. Etho's second base in the world, known as "Ethopia", was a mountain range that Etho flooded, built a tree farm on, and had planned to build various other functional buildings at the location, but was left incomplete. Near spawn, Etho also built Underground Sound, a place players could create their own tunes using a sequence of note blocks.
On the Crack the Beast server, Etho built multiple bases throughout the world including a Tinker's base, a main base, a spawner base, and a castle. With the exception of his castle, all his bases were built underground. Due to changes in the mod pack, a map reset was celebrated with a large PvP battle at Etho's castle resulting in its demise.
On the CrackPack server, Etho constructed a spawner base using autospawners to benefit his team. Etho started working on a underground tunnel system connecting to the rest of his team's buildings.
On the Season 5 map, Etho once again organized the Death Games. Along with SethBling and Nebris, Etho cured some zombie villagers resulting in the maps first villager population. He then proceeded to starting up a Craft Security service in which he "rescues" crafting tables that could've been stolen, and hides them somewhere underground. Upon request, he will return the crafting table to the owner.
On 16 October 2014, Etho stated on r/mindcrack that due to his disillusionment with the servers' future direction, he does not foresee playing on the MindCrack servers in the long term unless a drastic change in direction is taken. On 3 April 2015, it was announced Etho would be leaving Mindcrack as an official member. He said explained in a livestream he was hesitant to sign Mindcrack's trademark agreement and be involved in the expanding business side of the Mindcrack name. He says he remains in good friendship with Zisteau, Docm77, AnderZEL, BdoubleO100 and generikb.
Etho joined the HermitCraft server in March 2015, at the same time as Docm77, following extended inactivity on the Mindcrack Server. He says joined to feel the same sense of community he felt during Season 3 of Mindcrack.
|4 Jan 2012||nocxx||"[Let's Talk]Ethoslab![English][HD]"||
|8 Nov 2013||Biffa2001||"Tea Time with Biffa #6 - The Minecraft Community Show for YOU w/ Etho"||
Etho's Minecraft skin is Kakashi Hatake from the Japanese manga and anime franchise Naruto. He chose it because it was one of the most detailed skins at the time, even though there are better versions nowadays. In January 2014, Etho updated his skin to utilize new skin customization added in 1.8.
- Etho has a strong dislike of onions.
- Sparkling soft drinks cause Etho nose bleeds.
- Etho can turn his feet 180 degrees backwards, and can make a loud popping sound by creating a vacuum in his ear with his pinky.
- Etho was one of the members who had "op" status on the MindCrack Server.
- Etho once had a cat when he was younger that swam out into a pond just to catch a duck for its kittens.
- It is reported that Etho's cousin is professional Starcraft II player, LiquidSheth, though Etho has not confirmed this.
- Etho's favorite brand of cereal is Mini-Wheats 
- During an April Fool's Release of Minecraft 2.0, a half slab TNT block was added. Its official name was Etho Slab. Dinnerbone added the block to pay homage to Etho's love of TNT and the tendency of Etho's viewers to read his name as EthoSlab.
- docm77 (10 May 2012). "Mindcrack Minecraft SMP : Docm77 | EP 4: The Gathering of Claw Army". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU_gIO5U2T0&t=1228s>.
- EthosLab (16 October 2014). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/2jdv4o/today_on_the_mindcrack_serverthere_were_no_videos/clawssk>.
- (3 March 2015). "Minecraft - HermitCraft #1: Welcoming Tour". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4c62Eu_0g>.
- WesWilson (3 April 2015). "Mindcrack is Changing". Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/31c57h/mindcrack_is_changing/>.
- EthoTV (4 April 2015). "Etho's Secret Stream". Twitch. <http://www.twitch.tv/ethotv/v/3991326?t=57m05s>. Archived at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBDW7RN70sQ?t=57m
- (10 May 2012). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 177: Slime Station". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLv7dfr0sEo&t=5m18s>.
- (13 February 2013). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 253: Mega Map". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYgCOGO0qtc&t=22m46s>.
- EthosLab (1 December 2013). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1rtkqg/ethos_program/cdqush9>.
- (7 June 2011). "Tech: Experimental 2.5D Engine". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSWLQ64boBY>.
- (25 October 2013). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 301: XP Overload". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjiU8jij4Q&t=34m45s>.
- (5 February 2012). "OOGE - Spellbound Caves: Episode 6". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYb8TTwGwlQ&t=15m18s>.
- (6 July 2013). "Cube World - Episode 1: Fun Game". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clXvI57npNg&t=2m50s>.
- (3 December 2014). "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJdk1rmuFs&t=20m51s". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJdk1rmuFs&t=20m51s>.
- generikb (24 November 2012). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/generikb/status/272101892539162624>.
- generikb (24 November 2012). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/generikb/status/272107562965553154>.
- generikb (2 November 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/generikb/status/396419551597834240>.
- (6 November 2013). "Terraria 1.2 - Episode 17: Deep Dungeon". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBJ0wDv4gT8&t=10m50s>.
- (8 November 2013). "Tea Time with Biffa #6 - The Minecraft Community Show for YOU w/ Etho". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgqLzc3dolc&t=12m24s>.
- (19 May 2014). "Etho MindCrack SMP - Episode 162: Statue Building". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MMbpr-YqSA>.
- (9 October 2013). "Etho MindCrack SMP - Episode 123: Mega Flood". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx5fHC8rx0g&t=1m56s>.
- (2 November 2013). "Etho MindCrack SMP - Episode 130: Treetho's Farm". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3k882z6u4&t=25m3s>.
- (15 April 2014). "Etho MindCrack SMP - Episode 158: Cheaty Minecraft". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoc5JvNjAvk&t=22m28s>.
- (18 November 2012). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 234: Egg Delivery". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJizEU1Xnyg&t=29m6s>.
- (19 January 2014). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 319: 5 Withers". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ybuxbrU9s&t=2m8s>.
- (2 August 2013). "Etho MindCrack SMP - Episode 107: Onion Prank". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8KYW-Jf_rA>.
- (12 May 2012). "OOGE - Kaizo Caverns: Episode 5". YouTube. <https://youtube.com/watch?v=7hFcGcWyArM&t=16m20s>.
- (4 September 2013). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 292: Finishing Touches". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlClrreJtT4&t=1547s>.
- GuudeBoulderfist (10 November 2013). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1q9hjd/sethbling_plays_mindcrack_s4e12_blingmart/cdat1fg?context=3>.
- (29 April 2014). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 338: Crazy Cats". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYIwl1LC9U4&t=20m35s>.
- LiquidSheth (13 July 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/LiquidSheth/status/356233631812956160>.
- (19 November 2012). "Mindcrack Podcast - Episode 19 - Guest Zedsteau". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c5nRt-SVXk&t=1h12m44s>.
- (20 April 2015). "Minecraft - HermitCraft #7: Mine Entrance Tunnel". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vqKBvEGMQ&t=13m24s>.