|Alternative names||Etho's Lab, Etho Slab, Mr. Slab, Ethers|
Etho is a Canadian Let's Play commentator and an active member of the MindCrack server. He was invited to join in November 2011 by Guude, at the same time as Docm77, after competing in the second Race for the Wool. Etho is part of Team Canada and OOGE.
Etho has been generally reticent regarding personal details about his life outside of YouTube. A popular inquiry regards his formal profession. Etho noted that viewers had regularly claimed him to be a teacher, an IT professional or even a member of NASA. In response to a viewer question in episode 253 of Etho’s Let’s Play, he confirmed that he graduated from high school with 35 of his credits coming from work experience. He has provided that he has not attended college, though indicates if he chooses to look for a specific job he might seek out a post-secondary education. In a video released on the 10th of May of 2012, Etho confirmed that he works in horticulture as part of a family owned greenhouse business. The comments of this video were later blocked due to a certain user that traced this business and released images of Etho and his location. He also shared that as of June later that year, he would begin producing YouTube content full time, having left the greenhouse business to do so. He called this his "dream job" and joins other members of the MindCrack community who have all openly shared that they currently do - or soon plan to - make producing YouTube content their full-time source of income. In an AnderZEL video, Etho has admitted that in fact he is quite skinny. He is also known for his peculiar pronunciation of common words such as "lava" and "pollen." Etho runs his channel in a "family-friendly" way by not using any swear words and doing his best to censor swear words said in his presence. As of Etho's 1 million subscriber Let's Play he confirmed that once he has moved into a new house he will most likely be doing some videos with face cam, although no date has been set for that yet. Etho is also one of the most active members of the Mindcrack Server
 Let's Play
Etho had been interviewed by the German Minecraft Pros. Etho has a popular Minecraft survival single-player series titled "Etho Plays Minecraft." The series, originally called "Let's Play Minecraft", continues to be produced. He is noted for his skill in redstone and the complicated contraptions that prove them. He is notable for creating practical (or extremely complicated) Redstone contraptions, such as his mob sorting system which can separate creepers, zombies, and skeletons with fairly great accuracy and Wilson, his Tamagotchi-like "pet", fully redstone controlled.
 Computer specs
- Intel i7 4770K Processor
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
- 32 GB Ram (Not confirmed what type)
- 3 TB Hard Drive
- Minecraft running on RamDisk.
- Logitech G330 Headset
- Double Y Y Ram compresser
It is unknown whether or not Etho's previous parts still apply to his new computer.
- Etho's builds on the server
- Etho's involvements in the prank wars
- Etho's videos on the server
- Etho's videos on the FTB server
Etho has participated in MindCrack Ultra Hardcore since Season 3, except Season 7 and 12. Etho was the winner of Season 8, having killed six other players. In season 9 he joined up with DOOKE (Docm77, BdoubleO100 and kurtmac) his team from season 4.
Etho's main base of operations on the Season 4 server is at EthoCorp Laboratories, which doubles as a potion shop. EthoCorp Laboratories constitutes his first build on the reset server. He also started work on a Horse Timer that can reliably and accurately determine how fast a horse can run and how high a horse can jump calculated with snow slabs. His most recent undertaking is the "Mountain Base" or known as Ethopia which Etho has since flooded and built a tree farm on. Etho also collaborated with BdoubleO on the nether hub which is now finished. Etho also created the Death Games based off his Death Games on the Season 3 with Nebris, Arkas, and MC Gamer. He built this early on in the season, and has had to continuously fix it and improve it due to increased amount of players. This game has a sword in the chest with a name of a Mindcracker. If this person is online, the attacker is required to use a preset of armor and weapons. Players can choose to use potions, and are often times taken from Etho's potion shop at spawn. If the one of the players is killed, the other player gets a diamond. If a Mindcracker sees his name in the chest they can "clear" their name from the chest by pressing a button. In addition to EthoCorp and The Death Games, Etho also built Underground Sound. It allows players to create their own tunes using a system of note blocks.
On the Season 3 server, many components of Etho's base were underground. His mob system was the most prominent structure on the surface. The nearby island has his free-range Cow farm and Sugar Cane farm. Underneath the mob system is his Mancave, which was smoothed out by Zisteau in a prank. In the cave, Etho had the largest Slime farm in the server. In the Nether, Etho had built a Dual Blaze Farm with a prominent structure surrounding it, simulating a hanging platform. Water source blocks were used as decoration within the structure. Outside the structure, there were five water source blocks spread throughout the ceiling of the Nether. Etho is part of Team Canada, an alliance formed by PauseUnpause to prank others as a group. His collaborated with Docm to create the server's first Wither Skeleton spawning pad. Etho went on to create his new base and storage room underground in a jungle some what near Zisteau's place. He planned for the new base to contain having a lush jungle underground with a hanging storage room with a beacon and mob tower farms, although he didn't finish that idea before the map reset.
Etho's recent endeavors on the modded Feed the Beast server include Etho Corp, of which he is the founder and self-proclaimed chief executive officer. Under the banner of Etho Corp, Etho has built his base on the server, which includes floating islands of various purposes (tree farming and storage, among others). The Honeycomb Labs, the basis for much of his bee research on the server, is situated nearby the main components of his base. After the server reset, Etho initially decided to power his operations entirely on biomass but later deviated from this plan. He has placed an emphasis on Railcraft because he thinks carts flying through the air looks cool. Etho's base on the server is within the vicinity of AnderZEL, with whom he first left the spawn village because of lag issues. Recently, Docm77 moved nearby.
|4 Jan 2012||German Minecraft Pros||"[Let's Talk]Ethoslab![English][HD]"||
|8 Nov 2013||Biffa2001||"Tea Time with Biffa #6 - The Minecraft Community Show for YOU w/ Etho"||
 Minecraft skin
Etho's Minecraft skin is based on the character Kakashi Hatake from the Japanese manga and anime franchise Naruto. In episode 234 of his LP, he revealed during the Q&A that he chose the Kakashi skin because it was one of the most detailed skins at the time (even though there are better versions nowadays, he still hangs on to this version, possibly due to it becoming a huge image representing Etho). He also revealed that he had a Super Mario skin in his early Minecraft days.
- Etho has a strong dislike of onions which Millbee and BdoubleO have used against him on the MindCrack server.
- Sparkling soft drinks cause him nose bleeds.
- Etho can turn his feet 180 degrees backwards, and can make a loud popping sound by creating a vacuum in his ear with his pinky.
- Etho has a fondness for Greek food. 
- Etho is 6'2" (188cm) tall.
- Etho stated in his Cube World LP that his hair is similar to one of the possible characters.
- He occasionally wears glasses.
- Both Etho and Zisteau enjoy nature documentaries. 
- Etho might be attending MineCon 2014.
- Etho is one of the members who have "op" status on the MindCrack Server 
- generikb is known for posting pictures to Twitter claiming to have met Etho at MineCon.
- ↑ GuudeBoulderfist (20 August 2012). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/yjax2/happy_birthday_to_beef/c5w3v8j>.
- ↑ JustVan (12 April 2013). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1c7sk6/ruins_of_mindcrack_episode_4/c9e1a58>.
- ↑ EthosLab (10 May 2012). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 177: Slime Station". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLv7dfr0sEo>.
- ↑ germanminecraftpros (4 January 2012). "[Let's Talk]Ethoslab![English][HD]". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ASHKwQGV0>.
- ↑ EthosLab (9 January 2014). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 316: Computer Talk". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-bIt-rDfdI&t=10m22s>.
- ↑ EthosLab (2 August 2013). "Etho MindCrack SMP - Episode 107: Onion Prank". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8KYW-Jf_rA>.
- ↑ EthosLab (12 May 2012). "OOGE - Kaizo Caverns: Episode 5". YouTube. <https://youtube.com/watch?v=7hFcGcWyArM&t=16m20s>.
- ↑ EthosLab (4 September 2013). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 292: Finishing Touches". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlClrreJtT4&t=1547s>.
- ↑ EthosLab (25 October 2013). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 301: XP Overload". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjiU8jij4Q&t=34m45s>.
- ↑ EthosLab (5 November 2013). "Etho Plays Minecraft - Episode 303: Speed Mining". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QqpeRbc_k&t=21m24s>.
- ↑ EthosLab (6 July 2013). "Cube World - Episode 1: Fun Game". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clXvI57npNg&t=2m50s>.
- ↑ EthosLab (5 February 2012). "OOGE - Spellbound Caves: Episode 6". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYb8TTwGwlQ&t=15m18s>.
- ↑ EthosLab (6 November 2013). "Terraria 1.2 - Episode 17: Deep Dungeon". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBJ0wDv4gT8&t=10m50s>.
- ↑ Biffa2001 (8 November 2013). "Tea Time with Biffa #6 - The Minecraft Community Show for YOU w/ Etho". YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgqLzc3dolc&t=12m24s>.
- ↑ GuudeBoulderfist (10 November 2013). Reddit reply. Reddit. <http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1q9hjd/sethbling_plays_mindcrack_s4e12_blingmart/cdat1fg?context=3>.
- ↑ generikb (24 November 2012). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/generikb/status/272101892539162624>.
- ↑ generikb (24 November 2012). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/generikb/status/272107562965553154>.
- ↑ generikb (2 November 2013). Twitter. <https://twitter.com/generikb/status/396419551597834240>.